Saturday 10 August 2013

Festival of Quilts: Shopping!

Of course, it is impossible to visit the Festival of Quilts and not do some shopping! I am operating on a strict "no fabric buying" policy at the moment as I need to use up my fabric stash not add to it... but I couldn't resist buying a few pretty, crafty things.

Here's me (in the turquoise blue) doing some shopping...


(Photo taken by the lovely Kirsty of LovePaperFish while she was patiently waiting for me to finish buying things!)

I bought some cute mini ric rac from The Button Company whose stall (pictured above) was so deliciously colourful...


... I've included a spool of thread in the photo so you can see just how tiny this stuff is!

I bought some on my last visit to FoQ and have really enjoyed crafting with it, it's just so cute (you can spot some on this Christmas Stocking, these Owl Ornaments & this Ribbon Card)... so I was glad to have an opportunity to stock up on some more colours.

I can't see any on their website at the moment, but you can also find lots of mini ric rac over at Paper & String (who also sells fun felt ric rac!).

I also bought some nice buttons from Textile Garden...


 ... an adorable little sheep, a tiny fish, a sweet donkey, a shiny turquoise button, and a rather cool button printed with a vintage needlework design.


I don't have a specific project in mind for any of these yet but they all simply had to come home with me! Mmm.... yummy buttons....

3 comments:

Manu said...

The fish and sheep buttons are simply adorable!!

Silly Little Sheep said...

I love the sheep, the donkey and the turquoise button!! Awesome!! :)

And well done you on not buying any fabric. I went to the crafty shop yesterday to get yarn - came home with two fabrics, two threads and some buttons, but no yarn... Bad sheep... :(

Bugs and Fishes said...

They are such cute buttons aren't they?

Silly Little Sheep - ah, I know that feeling very well! It is soooo hard to resist all the lovely crafty things, isn't it? :)