Monday 11 April 2011

In my workbox

Here are a few things I'm working on at the moment...

Flower garden crowns:


I'm making about half a dozen crowns, each one is a different shade of green and has a different trio of flowers. The crowns & the embroidered flowers are made from eco felt (recycled from plastic bottles).

Beaded corsages:


I'm making these flowers using some of the needlefelted felt I bought before Christmas. I'm hoping the soft, thick felt will result in lovely textured flowers with a more 3D effect than my usual designs... fingers crossed!

And (last but by no means least) teapot badges:



Cute teapot buttons + felt + embroidery thread (floss) = badges for tea lovers.

I've had these buttons in my stash for simply ages and thought it was high time I used them! I found some cute tea-themed charms I'd forgotten about, too, so expect quite a few tea-obsessed designs in the next few weeks :)

9 comments:

Katie said...

I HAVE MAD LUST IN MY HEART FOR THOSE TEAPOT BUTTONS. Really charming, I'm stoked to see what other tea-inspired magic you have up your sleeve!

Tumus said...

I forgot about those buttons too but they are wicked cute ^_^ The crowns would be awesome for a little girl's party.

WendyCarole said...

oooooooh I do love those teapot buttons

MySpecialAgent said...

Those crowns are too cute!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

You have such a great eye for detail. Those crowns will be just magical.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys!

Katie that comment made me laugh so much - that is just how I feel about these buttons. Just love them.

Sara Torregrosa said...

Those teapot buttons are lovely :)
congratulations for your work

Anonymous said...

I love the flower brooches. My great granddaughter just started girl scouts and her mother would like me to make something for name tags for the girls. They are call the Daisys. I can't find a pattern to make a daisy from felt. I wondered if you might have one. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hiya - I don't have a pattern for a felt daisy myself, but there's a great tutorial here for making some: http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2008/4/tutorial-simple-felt-daisy.aspx